The Teaching Artist Journal (TAJ) is a print and online quarterly devoted to the work and thought of teaching artists and all those working at the intersection of the arts and learning. TAJ is published by Routledge and is edited and produced under the auspices of the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Columbia College Chicago. TAJ is a peer-reviewed journal indexed in the major academic databases and serves as the journal of record for the teaching artist field.
The mission of the Teaching Artist Journal is to:
- Advance effective, innovative practice by teaching artists and to document such practice
- Serve as a vital, international forum, a practical and theoretical tool, and a point of connection for teaching artists of all kinds
- Advocate for the interests of teaching artists
- Forge new connections and new methods of communication among arts educators
- Share the artistic, educational, and social insights gained by teaching artists with the broader fields of education and arts practice
- Advocate for access to arts experience for all people